As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
As part of the Vox Media Experiential Team you will work across many different custom advertiser events & tent-pole events including, but not limited to Code Conference, Vulture Festival, Sundance Film Festival, How I Get It Done events, Pivot Schooled & new franchises under development.
What Were Looking For:
Temporary support on: Concept, budget development & execution for custom events, editorial initiatives & marketing partnerships. Production support on select tentpoles, custom events, editorial initiatives & key additional projects including production & execution of virtual & in person events & activations.
What Youll Do:
- Participate in internal brainstorms & concept development for RFPs, RFIs & proactive pitches & bring big creative thinking, writing & visual presentation skills to each proposal & pitch
- Work closely with cross functional teams (including editorial, sales, communications, insights, brand marketing & creative strategists) to conceptualize, program, & develop robust concepts to develop engaging brand experiences, using key insights, that deliver on goals & objectives, translating concepts via proposals & marketing materials
- Manage experiential concepts from initial concept, ideation & pitch through to execution & recap for a range of experiences on behalf of Vox Medias varied networks
- High touch client & internal stakeholder management during both pre-sale & post sale for events including leading meetings & correspondence to articulate program details, deliverables & program elements
- Lead producer on select events including budget development & management including but not limited to: client management, vendor/venue outreach & contracting, timeline & deliverables, oversee staff & extended production team, onsite/day of execution
- Support on the development & execution of select tentpole events including venue sourcing, budget development & creative ideation & key production elements in partnership with experiential leadership team
- Use industry knowledge to contribute to experiential priorities & achieve goals in creative & effective ways
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
What You'll Bring:
- Familiarity with Vox Media brands
- 2+ years experience working in media
- Strong understanding & interest in current events, pop-culture, trends & innovations with the ability to translate that knowledge into experiences & revenue-driving opportunities
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & juggle multiple projects at once while paying close attention to deadlines & details
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong skill set to come up with creative/out-of-the-box concepts, build proposals, & potentially execute when they sell through
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments & understand the value of working as a team
About working at Vox Media:
This is a Temporary, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.