Senior Engineer, Client Platforms (Enterprise Technology)
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds & sustains the IT services powering Deliveroos internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements & love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
As a Client Platforms Engineer focused on planning, building & maintaining the infrastructure & tools used to manage our global fleet of MacOS, ChromeOS, Windows, Linux & mobile endpoints for our employees.
- Improving the whole lifecycle of IT End User Compute servicesfrom inception & design, through to engineering, deployment, with primary focus upon reliability.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring & monitoring indicators such as availability, ticket trends, & overall service health against SLOs.
- Partnering with the information security team to create, manage, & maintain policies, configuration profiles, & security baselines for all of Deliveroo corporate endpoints (e.g., macOS, Windows, ChromeOS, Linux, iOS & Android)
- Ensure our macOS fleet remains up-to-date with the latest OS patches & third-party software updates
- Creating & maintaining applications & services to automate processes
- Identifying opportunities for automation - driving development & implementation within your team with others in the Engineering team
- Creating & maintaining technical documentation
- Effectively communicating technical information to internal customers & stakeholders in a friendly & easy to understand manner
- Be a mentor for others in the team, holding a high bar for technical decisions
- Contribute towards device selection decisions & support a continuous operational device refresh program.
- Significant experience with managing macOS, Windows & ChromeOS devices at a global scale
- Significant experience with tools such as Jamf, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (formerly known as Intune), AutoPilot, osquery, SCCM, Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- Strong documentation skills with an eagerness to teach others
- Inquisitive with a desire to improve & challenge the status quo to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience in a distributed company