BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Revenue Accountant to join our growing Accounting team at BuzzFeed, based in our NY office (a hybrid work environment, working from the office & home). This candidate will be a key member of our Team with a focus on assisting & executing efficient month-end & quarter-end close processes.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication & relationship building skills & be an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a high-growth, deadline-driven environment. The Revenue Accountant will work on multiple projects at once & be responsible for developing & maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Revenue Accountant may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed. This position will report to the Revenue Manager.
- Execute monthly revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP, including verifying revenue & costs of sales reporting for completeness & accuracy
- Prepare revenue/deferred revenue journal entries & account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly & quarterly reporting requirements, along with support for our financial statement audits
- Develop a strong understanding of BuzzFeeds revenue recognition policies
- Lead process improvements to help streamline revenue functions & controls
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- 2+ years in an accounting and/or finance role, focus on revenue recognition preferred
- Advanced Excel skills a must, NetSuite experience a plus
- System savvy & ability to work with different applications & databases
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & the demonstrated ability to work independently, yet cooperatively & constructively, in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills with strong attention to detail
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.