Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
Today, millions of customers use Thumbtack to find & hire small businesses across the US. Named one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company, Thumbtack is a highly dynamic product thats also building local economies & stronger communities. One of the key factors for our ongoing success is #CustomerObsession.
We focus on providing a great experience to our users & prioritizing the most important work first. We are looking for customer-obsessed team members who are engaged, innovative, & who will partner with our pros & customers from start to finish to resolve their concerns. We will train you on skills that will help convey the value of Thumbtack, empower you to help professionals build successful businesses, & assist customers to complete the projects central to their lives.
The Customer Success Specialist will be responsible for making sure that all professionals get best-in-class support whenever they contact Thumbtacks Voice Customer Support channel. Delivering true consultative service & partnership will be vital to this role to ensure that every concern the professionals contact us about is a good representation of Thumbtacks values & guidelines. By addressing their concerns correctly & accurately, we help set our professionals up for success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle concerns of our customers & pros through Voice channel
- Obsess over customers & pros by constantly focusing on solutions to their problems & concerns.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines & policies
- Provide accurate, valid, & complete information by using all the relevant resources & knowledge bases in addressing different user concerns
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions & alternatives within the time limits; follow up to entire resolution
- Demonstrate ability to identify when help is needed in critical support times & take the initiative to resolve high wait times & provide a great customer experience
- Identify talking points for proactive support & a consultative support experience
- Strong customer orientation & ability to adapt/respond to different types of customer profiles
- Gather feedback about the platform, tools, processes & other matters that will help improve the overall Pro/Customer experience.
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, & other team & company events
- Demonstrate accountability by meeting & exceeding monthly productivity, CSAT & Resolution Rate goals & by finding ways & means to improve KPIs, guidelines & processes.
- Uphold the values of Thumbtack
Qualifications & Educational Background:
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A good grasp of what it takes to provide great customer experience acquired through working in the BPO/shared services or related industry for at least 3 years. Preference for those who have worked in multi-channel accounts & experience in voice support is a must.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong problem-solving skills & a confident attitude is required to anticipate & resolve customer needs.
- Ability to be resilient in handling difficult interactions, including expert de-escalation skills.
- Excellent critical & analytical thinking skills
- Willingness to work during day, mid or graveyard shift & rotating rest days (i.e. weekend shifts), as well as rendering overtime in case of volume surges.
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems & getting up to speed very quickly with all of our online tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning employees have the flexibility to live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. This role is closely aligned with our day-to-day Thumbtack library operations & is expected to report to the Thumbtack library in Manila on a regular cadence when it is safe to resume in-person operations.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.