Away is looking for a talented Graphic Designer, Brand to join the Creative team. This role will conceptualize, design & execute across various channels including brand marketing initiatives, print collateral, experiential, social & retail to create an elevated, cohesive brand experience. The ideal candidate is strategic with the ability to see the big picture but also have a discerning eye for craft & detail.
This position will report directly to our Brand Design Director & work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What youll do:
- Maintain, evolve, & translate Aways design system across multiple platforms to create a cohesive & thoughtful brand experience.
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Copy, Art Direction, Production, & UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Away to ensure cross-functional & strategic implementation of the Away brand.
- Create original, engaging concepts that strategically answer the brief & bring the brand to life, looking at every opportunity to delight our customers.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends, while looking outside of the world of design for inspiration.
- Maintain standards & help evolve brand guidelines as we continue to grow into new markets, products, partnerships, etc.
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of graphic design experience with branding background (iconography & illustration experience a plus).
- A dynamic portfolio showcasing refined sensibilities across many mediumswith exceptional knowledge of identity systems, typography, print design, & layout.
- A detail oriented, system thinker who is not satisfied with the status quopushes new ideas to create thoughtful, progressive work.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to clearly & persuasively articulate ideas
- Passionate about the latest in travel, design, branding & technology.
- A self starter with a positive attitudeable to work collaboratively with the flexibility to iterate on feedback & complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign. (experience with AfterEffects a plus).
- Understanding of Aways brand, aesthetic, voice, & mission.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.