Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service & sales acumen to be General/Store Manager. You will drive the growth of Casper in your respective market. You will develop a customer centric environment & a consultative sales culture. You are passionate about people management & recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example, active coaching & investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey & excel in data-driven decision making.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans & increasing Caspers market penetration rate.
- Work cross-functionally across the broader Casper organization
- Drive continuous improvement & cross-pollinate to help set bar & inform fleet
- Oversee Store P&L & achieve EBIDTA targets by managing payroll, other operating, visual & marketing expenses.
- Oversee management & movement of inventory to minimize carrying costs, reduce cost of goods & improve store productivity.
- Create business driving strategies & Quarterly/Annual business plans, which may consist of identifying marketing opportunities, new selling/clienteling strategies, event calendars, sale target setting & regular business reviews with leadership
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection & relation of our brand & brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep & increase customer awareness
- Protect & enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights & opportunities to improve brand, product & services are communicated back to the Casper organization
- Recruit, retain & develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking & interviewing prospective candidates.
- Develop, coach, & mentor a world class service-minded & high performing team.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement & learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Ensure that all training & development programs are implemented & monitored for success.
- Perform annual performance evaluations for direct reports while overseeing the process for the entire store.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement & goal achievement.
- Maintain safe working conditions & facilities maintenance.
- Train & onboard new leaders
- Build & promote strong collaborative relationships across the fleet & HQ.
Our dream candidate has
- 8+ years in a Store Manager role at varied retailers (different products helpful), multi-brand experience, flagship experience, deft hand in all areas of retail operation
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, & motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, & leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, & controlling expense.
- Deep & demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment understands the importance of experimentation & iteration.
- Gravitas + (in)aspirational leader
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Ability to lift at least 50lb
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities