As an NS1 Solutions Engineer, you will manage all of the technical aspects of the sales process, from giving product demonstrations to administering proof of concepts. Youll be tasked with understanding complex infrastructure challenges & prescribing solutions based on customer needs. You will apply your knowledge of networking, automation, & cloud to demonstrate the value delivered by NS1 software & services.
The role is paramount to the success of our sales motion; a successful demonstration & POC of our platform ensures prospects are comfortable with the technology before purchase. Having a technical resource available to guide & nurture trust is critical.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
- Own the technical aspects of the sales process
- Give exceptional demonstrations of our products & services to prospective customers
- Guide customers through the POC process for both our managed & on-prem solutions
- Respond to RFPs/RFIs in a way that succinctly demonstrates the value our platform delivers
- Minimum three years of industry experience
- Ability to explain complex subjects in a manner that makes them easily understood by non-technical people
- Excel at self-managing time commitments, calendaring, & meeting preparatory work
- Be very comfortable taking phone calls (very occasionally on an unscheduled basis), presenting, speaking in front of small to medium size groups, & traveling to onsite meetings
Extra kudos for:
- Understanding of modern, distributed web application technologies including common software stacks, configuration management & other devops tools, caching & CDNs, load balancing technologies, & related
- Experience with modern DHCP/IPAM solutions
- Experience working with REST APIs & shell scripting
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience configuring & using TCP/IP networks & services
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.