The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a talented & eager Senior Manager of Global Equity Plans to join its growing Human Resources Team in New York. This role will be integral in facilitating the companys compensation function, with a strong emphasis on Yexts global equity incentive programs. Yext utilizes Morgan Stanley Shareworks platform for equity plan administration & financial reporting. Much of this role will be focused on owning the Morgan Stanley relationship & coordinating with all respective areas internally such as Payroll, Tax, Accounting, Audit, HR, Legal, etc. You are the subject-matter expert as our in-house guru & will offer your professional opinion & be sure all relative teams are considering equity implications in all ongoing projects.
Yext uses Workday as our HRIS, ADP as our US payroll, & Safeguard as our international payroll. We offer eligible employees Restricted Stock Units (RSU) & an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). We also have outstanding Incentive Stock Options (ISO) & Non-qualified Stock Options (NQSO) that were last issued in 2017. Very strong knowledge of all things related to these equity vehicles is required.
What You'll Do
- Lead the Equity & ESPP administration team; oversee the equity management platform, Morgan Stanley Shareworks, to ensure the accuracy & integrity of Yexts equity data
- Own Board of Director Compensation Policy, responsible for tracking compensation elections (RSU, RSU with deferral, RSA, RSA with 83(b) filed) as well as initiate quarterly cash payments
- Work closely with VP of Compensation & Chief People Officer to monitor share reserve, rollforward, share budget, overhang, burn rate, etc.
- Prepare material for Compensation Committee meetings including new grants up for approval as well as ad hoc analysis requests
- Co-own the stock transfer agent relationship & track share movement & shareholders at risk for escheatment
- Research equity/ESPP implications in new global territories, including but not limited to securities filings, tax withholding/reporting, exchange controls, data privacy, etc. Offer input/direction on market practices & plan design in an effort to scale efficiently.
- Facilitate annual tax forms including 1099-NEC, 6039 Reporting including 3921 & 3922 employee statements
- Frequently provide reports to Payroll team from Shareworks for ESPP & option exercises, RSUs as needed; ISO/ESPP disposition reporting from Merrill Lynch & Morgan Stanley
- Prepare custom grant agreements & load new grant data to equity plan tool, Morgan Stanley Shareworks. Pull grant data including all vestings & load to Workday with Sr. HRIS Analyst.
- Partner with HR & Legal to ensure on-going program & award compliance on a global basis; prepare material & offer education sessions to employees to help them understand the value of Yexts equity incentive programs
- Serve as the primary point of contact with our external brokerage firm, Morgan Stanley, to execute employee equity transactions (including 10b5-1 transactions), ensuring accurate & timely tax withholding & reporting to the respective Payrolls, all the way through to timely settlement of all trades
- Work closely with Mobility & Immigration Manager to track, tax, & report mobile employees, including C-Suite
- Initiate & maintain non-employee Advisor contracts & corresponding compensation for Industry Advisory Board
- Partner with our external brokerage firm to process vesting & release of restricted stock units, & coordinate with US & International Payroll on accurate tax withholding
- Facilitate ESPP enrollments & purchases, as well as providing reports with Payroll
- Assist Legal & Compensation teams in the preparation & filing of Section 16 reports, Proxy reports, CD&A data, etc.
- Perform frequent reconciliation of records between HR, Payroll, Finance, Legal, etc.
- Work with internal & external auditors & Finance team for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, as well as ensure that tight internal controls are in place & procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Create & generate recurring reports for multiple internal & external corporate partners (e.g., HR, Payroll, Tax, Finance, Accounting, etc.), & respond timely to ad hoc data requests from various business partners
- Partner with HR Business Partners to provide compensation support & council for client issues
- Collaborate with HR team to ensure the integrity of employee & job data within the HRIS
- Manage projects that may be outside of the normal annual programs; responsible for establishing a project plan, coordinating & managing resources, monitoring project budget, etc. Examples include migrating one equity plan vendors, payroll vendors, HRIS vendors, etc.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Finance or Human Resources
- 12+ years experience with options, RSUs & ESPPs in a global public company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation preferred; familiarity with Morgan Stanley Shareworks, Workday, ADP, & Safeguard a plus
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations related to equity compensation plans
- Flexibility & eagerness to work hard in a fast-paced environment & meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, process-driven, independent, self-motivated, solution-oriented
- Strong attention to detail & ability to perform self-audit to ensure data integrity & accuracy
- Advanced Excel, G-Suite, & reconciliation skills a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects & competing priorities
- Ability to manage up & work with multiple stakeholders across the company
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.