Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers & social impact investments to scale our services to more people & places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant, & hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
About this Role:
Pursuit is seeking a Strategic Partnerships Manager to own the relationship, revenue, & success of key corporate partnerships with tech companies, financial institutions, & large organizations. Partnership agreements include components that span corporate hiring, philanthropy, volunteerism & thought leadership/marketing opportunities. In particular, maintaining & expanding corporate hiring agreements are a key metric of success for this role, as hiring drives both our fellows employment outcomes & our innovative financing model.
This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial & creative individual to work with our best-in-class partners on closing the prosperity gap & increasing diversity & inclusion in the tech sector.
- Scope & Responsibilities
Develop company-specific approach & project plans that reflect corporate partners organizational needs & that allow both parties to reach their business objectives.
- Ongoing management of key partnership action plans while identifying new business & revenue generating opportunities, both hiring & funding.
- Work cross-functionally & collaboratively with teammates to operationalize & deliver on partnership agreements, ensuring delivery, partner satisfaction, renewals, & expansions.
- Prepare & deliver compelling pitch materials that are tailored to the corporate partner & that showcase Pursuits value proposition.
- Work with senior leadership to develop & write program concepts, proposals, & reports.
- Manage acknowledgement, reporting & stewardship for revenue contracts & partnership agreements.
- Establish & maintain client relationships to ensure ongoing support, tracking all engagement in customer relationship management system (Salesforce).
- Qualifications & Competencies
At least 3-5 years experience in a partnership development or strategic partnerships role; either corporate and/or non-profit experience preferred
- Interest in technology & industry fluency preferred
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations & to drive to clarity, with a mindset of building repeatable processes for the future
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex ideas, align them with business priorities, & devise actionable strategies to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated experience in meeting & exceeding ambitious targets, along with proficiency with all steps of the sales cycle (prospect & pipeline management through to closing deals & securing renewals)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Data-driven & results-focused
- Creative, flexible, & solution-oriented
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
Our Values & Culture
At Pursuit, we operate as One Big Team, supporting one another & ensuring that everyone from staff to funders to board members & volunteers are aligned in our efforts to bring transformation to our community. Our values underscore everything we do.
Giving Our All: We have a strong moral & ethical purpose. It's a privilege to have the responsibility of our daily work & immense impact on the world. Our purpose coupled with exceptional passion creates a high sense of urgency & deep commitment to our students, to our community, & to each other.
Delivering Outcomes: Because our students deserve it, because our investors expect it, & because each of us demand it. We work with the best -- & we are immeasurably grateful for the time, resources, skill, & care that every member of our community invests in our mission. We earn their faith in us, renew their commitment, & thank them by delivering outcomes to each & every one of our stakeholders.
Data Driven, Human Judgement: We cant manage anything we cant measure. Data & analysis give definition & ownership to what we do. Evidenced-based decision making allows us to understand our impact & improve over time. At the same time, our work is about what things could be. We are driven by the potential of humanity & the faith in whats possible. Our work is about beating the odds & overcoming the counterfactual.
In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off, robust 401k matching, discounted gym memberships, & a fun & active workplace that includes drinks, snacks, & fun team events.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.