We are looking for a strong visionary leader to join our Product Design (UX) team. The VP, User Experience role requires someone passionate about delivering simplified, end-to-end workflows & clear, compelling cyber security action plans. As a cross-functional Product team member, you will lead the teams efforts to gain deep insight into our users' behaviors & needs through user research & product discovery while identifying & communicating opportunities for innovation & differentiation. You & your team will also be responsible for driving innovation by designing the behavior (interactions) & visual interface of new product features & improving the usability & design of existing product features.
The right person for this role brings a high level of customer empathy, leadership, & thoughtfulness & is excited about defining the design, experience, & visualization of SecurityScorecards products for many years to come.
We are driven by a team-authored operating agreement that defines roles, responsibilities, expectations, & behaviors for ourselves & each other.
Our guiding principles:
- Start with deep empathy & understanding of the customer need
- Think big. Start small. Learn fast.
- Design in the open.
- Ship to learn.
- What you ship is what matters.
What you will do:
- Lead the UX style, workflow & customer interaction teams across our complete product catalog. This role, with the support of the UX/UI teams owns the look, feel & workflows of SSCs products, & is the most influential voice in future design decisions.
- Lead research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis etc.) & collaborate/communicate results to the teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, marketers, & engineers to help define business & feature requirements; collaborating on project briefs & writing job stories, analyze empirical data, usability findings, market research, & proven UX principles to justify & prioritize these requirements.
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes, diagrams, & design mockups in partnership with design team as needed to effectively conceptualize & communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Drive established design & visual patterns to strengthen consistency across our product suite; when necessary innovate & expand standards to create world-class experiences, architecture, user interface, product features, usability, & end-to-end experience for new features/functionality.
- Host & lead design work presentations to teams & managers for critique.
- The ability to ideate rapidly & creatively. A willingness to discard or revisit ideas that arent working. A laser-focus on making measurable impact.
What you bring:
- Minimum 10 years of product design experience with a strong record of people management & strategic leadership.
- A portfolio that displays a strong understanding of user centered design
- Experience with SaaS enterprise applications.
- Experience moving work through the entire product development lifecycle & a portfolio of measurable customer & business outcomes.
- Experience with qualitative & quantitative research methodsincluding ethnographic field research, lab & remote usability testing, rapid iterative testing & evaluation, & participatory design.
- Ability to effectively communicate & influence people, from other designers & stakeholders to senior executive management, including facilitation of workshops, critiques, & other collaboration techniques to drive collaboration, momentum, & consensus within the organization.
- Fluency in best-practices for web-based information architecture & interaction design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles & techniques.
- Visual design expertise.
- Strong history of how to translate trends through the lens of the customer & brand filter.
- Strong presentation & influencing skills at the executive level
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors, or equivalent project/portfolio experience
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.