Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a VP, Brand Marketing to join our Marketing team.
The VP, Brand Marketing is an inspirational, strategic innovator who leverages our brand purpose & mission to identify & develop compelling marketing plans that drive results across the funnel, while creating strong emotional connections with our community. This leader is responsible for defining, creating & executing an integrated marcom strategy to build the brand & deliver on enterprise level business objectives.
This role will run an integrated approach, in partnership with leaders across the company, to execute compelling strategies that increase brand awareness, conversion & retention through 360 campaigns, community building, key influencer relationships, event & experiential marketing, retail marketing, digital & social content, press, & an innovative media mix. This leader spearheads the planning, briefing, coordination & rollout of all integrated channelsincluding both those they directly oversee as well as those they partner withdriving key moments throughout the year & resulting in a cohesive & amplified brand experience for the customer.
This individual maintains a strong pulse on category trends & conversations & marries those with data, analytics & creative thinking to craft strategies that fuel our ambitious growth & deepen the connection with our community. You understand the importance of science while still valuing the role of gut & instinctgiving you the confidence to make innovative recommendations & take educated risks. You operate with the highest integrity & strive to apply sound deductive reasoning in all situations. You consistently focus on results & never settle for good enough. You are critical to the success of the business long term & will be a player-coach, working closely to grow & cultivate the team.
What youll do:
- Bring the brand to the forefront of the businessleading & inspiring big, creative thinking that drives differentiation, brand love, cultural conversation & cascades into impactful business results
- Leverage brand strategy & consumer insights to lead annual & seasonal integrated planning processes for all marketing initiatives, with corresponding tools & a workflow for the organization
- Build & maintain a centralized, integrated & comprehensive marcom calendardriving alignment & prioritization of marketing initiatives across the org & ensuring activations support enterprise business objectives
- Lead the planning, briefing & cross-functional execution of best-in-class integrated campaigns that deliver 360 resultsdriving awareness, growing revenue & building an emotional connection with our community
- Develop innovative & bold omni-channel programs that support objectives across both ecomm & retail & position Away as a marketing & creative leaderincreasing share of voice & building brand affinity
- Evaluate & contribute to channel & tactical plans to ensure that the strategic intent of the brand & campaign positioning is achieved
- Directly manage the integrated brand marketing, social & partnerships teams while successfully connecting their strategies with those of cross-functional teams such as growth, retention, & ecomm
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer, their evolving needs & preferences, & the competitive landscape to craft compelling strategies that attract new customers & deepen the loyalty of existing customers
- Champion brand strategy, brand aesthetic & brand standards across all consumer touchpoints & content execution
- Keep a constant finger on the pulse of the category & culture & translate what you see into innovative strategies & opportunities for Away
- Pre-determine specific & quantifiable metrics of success for all initiatives, then actively measure performance to guide responsive iteration & future planning
- Responsibly plan & manage the brand marketing budget across initiatives to maximize delivery of business objectivesknowing when to spend & when to save
- Lead & mentor a growing team of marketersfostering a culture of inspiration, growth & empowerment
- Be the lead problem solver by anticipating & solving operational & creative challenges, bringing clarity on objectives when there is misalignment, & fostering collaboration between cross-functional stakeholders
Who you are:
- You have 12+ years of relevant working experience
- You are a strong leader with a process driven mindset who is confident cultivating & managing a growing & diverse teamsomeone who people want to learn from, work with, & are inspired by
- You are a creative thinker who brings innovative ideas & opportunities to the table, & follows them through to execution
- You are customer-obsessedyou understand our customer & how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel
- You obsess over how our brand shows up & have exceptionally high personal & team standards
- You are deeply familiar with brand strategy, creative development, multi-channel execution (paid & owned), social platforms, influencer strategies, retail marketing, community building & PR amplificationhave executed these at scale, driving business results & brand equity along the way
- You have experience leading briefings & management of creative agencies & in-house teams
- You have exceptional budget management capabilitieswith laser-sharp budget allocation & optimization & the ability to build the business case for spend
- You have exceptional communication & story-telling skills that bring passion, energy & inspiration to the forefront
- Are culturally-aware & naturally curiousyou know what other brands are doing
- You thrive in a fast-paced environmentagile & nimble in both leadership & execution
- You are hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies