The Senior Analyst Revenue Operations - Reconciliations at Squarespace supports the Revenue Operations processes. We are looking for someone who has a strong background in account reconciliations for both financial & operational data sets that is eager to help build out a new function within Squarespace. The primary focus of the Senior Analyst Revenue Operations - Reconciliations is to oversee, recommend & implement reconciliations & operational controls across the Revenue Operations processes & systems. This position is located in our New York City headquarters & reports to our Revenue Operations Manager
- Take ownership of existing monthly account reconciliations with eye to improve processes & controls.
- Work closely with Revenue Operations, Accounting & Internal Controls to implement new reconciliations across Squarespace businesses.
- Prepare complex reconciliations.
- Develop top-tier operational practices, optimizing against efficiency, & overall operational excellence.
- Perform reconciliations as part of the month end close process & assist with other Ad Hoc reconciliations.
- Identify trends & opportunities for process improvements
- Escalate items of concerns or those past the business standard to management in accordance with agreed thresholds.
- Act as an Subject Matter Expert in the assigned area of responsibility within the reconciliation process.
- Ensure that accounts being reconciled complies with GAAP, as instructed by the accounting team.
- Identify & propose changes to management that could lead to improved business outcomes.
- Ensure that all items of concerns or those past the business standards have been escalated to the management.
- Identify & build additional useful metrics to monitor team revenue performance.
- Project support as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Finance, Computer Science recommended)
- 5 - 7 years of audit and/or operational & financial reconciliation experience in a software/services company.
- Problem Solving: Good problem solving skills is a prerequisite for this role. This position will require performing Analytical tasks to support the completion of the Reconciliation Cycle. This position will require a good understanding of the accounting concepts to understand the accounting to review the reconciliations performed by the team members.
- Exceptional collaboration & communication skills to work with teams across the organization.
- Problem solver & "out-of-the-box" mindset to get the job done.
- Data driven mindset & strong sales acumen & financial metrics.
- Experience partnering with Finance & other internal corporate groups
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.