Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Loyalty Product Solutions team is part of Visa's Data Product Development (DPD) group.Their mission is to enable technology & solutions to manage marketing & loyalty programs that help increase transaction volumes for issuers & merchants, helping them to grow their business with solutions that enable issuers, acquirers & merchants of all sizes to deliver targeted offers & rewards to Visa cardholders.As a Software Engineer at Visa on the DPD group, you will be responsible for helping to build their data platform that aids various payments technologies. You will be working a small team of developers, doing deep hands on work, working on Big Data products that provides insights to business at the speed of thought using predictive analytics on Big Data.
This is a full stack developer role for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills. The candidate will be working with a small team of developers & will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development & testing. Candidate must be a good learner & should be capable to work across the layers & technologies stack.
- Understand end to end product & deliver on the module you are working; on time, with high quality in an agile team by owning design, development & testing.
- Ship high quality products & features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery, production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments & monitoring of production health.
- Accurately scope effort, identify risks & clearly communicate trade-offs with the team members & other stakeholders. .
- Coordinate & participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing & deployments in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Instill best practices for software development, & deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards & processes
So what are we looking for in a Software Engineer?
- Students graduating in 2019or recent college graduates (Class of 2019) looking to start work in 2019/2020
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Electronics & Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge in data structure, algorithm & passion for solving hard problems
- Familiarity with modern web technologies as HTML5, AngularJS, CSS & REST API development is a big plus.
- Knowledge on Agile & DevOps methodologies will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical & automation skillset to innovate & transform the traditional operational model
- Highly driven & resourceful
- Strong ability to collaborate
Note: Students who are pursuing a Master's degree in a relevant field & are graduating within the above period are welcome to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.