As a Senior User Experience Designer, you determine the user experience of our clients digital products. You work closely with other creative & technical disciplines to create considered & elegant design systems supporting our client's e-commerce purchase flows & other interactive platforms. Organizing content, developing information architectures, documenting scenarios & use cases, & delivering detailed wireframes & function specifications is your day-to-day. Youll own areas of work from design through to completionincluding shaping major features & the design & development processto ensure that work is reviewed for quality assurance & milestones are met successfully & on time.
- Design holistic systems, flows, & interfaces that are simple, elegant, & beautiful through detailed wireframes, visual compositions, & prototypes that communicate design intent as well as client & user feedback.
- Draw insights from data provided by web analytics & research studies, & turn those insights into tangible design solutions.
- Provide guidance to members of the design team, constantly pushing the quality of our work.
- Collaborate with internal & external engineering teams on all the details that make an experience delightful through the creation & maintenance of design systems or design languages, documentation, & interaction specifications.
- Manage time effectively & execute according to commitments.
- Apply a critical lens to your own work & the work of others.
- Demonstrate team orientation, build rapport with creative teammates, & producers.
- Clearly articulate complex ideas to both the internal team & client.
- Lead project work from a design perspective with autonomy & authority, facilitating design studios & working sessions to help the teams deliver the best possible solutions.
- Continuously seek to be well-informed regarding new software & design concepts.Understand the process of business development & provide support by conducting relevant research, identifying key insights, & producing pitch materials with guidance from leadership.
- Contribute to team culture by demonstrating a positive attitude, team-oriented approach, leadership qualities, & openness to learning & feedback.
- 8+ years of related industry experience in user experience (UX), product design, human computer interaction (HCI), new media, information technology, communications, or library/information science.
- Effective communication skills, both orally & in a variety of written & diagrammatic forms.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, & ability to work in a team environment.
- Acute self-awareness & deep empathy for both the customer & our clients' goals.
- Proven track record of creative thinking & solving challenges with intuitive & engaging design solutions.
- A thorough, detail-oriented, & highly organized working style with the ability to multi-task & meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility & adaptability to fast-paced & changing environments.
- A deep appreciation & understanding of user experience, including research, user-centered design techniques, information architecture, usability testingand applying it to create compelling digital experiences for large scale platforms.
- High proficiency in the use of tools such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, Principle, & Axure as well as Keynote, Powerpoint, & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating creative thinking, problem solving, process, & quality spanning various digital platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise & experience with process & business analysis, software development & project processes large scale projects, documentation for development teams, application of content management, personalization, targeting & search systems, & modular design systems.
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.