Help streamline clients customs processes
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for an Associate to join our Customs Team in London. This is a great position for hard-working, detail-oriented professionals looking to develop further their professional career. You'll be working alongside & learning from some of the smartest people in the industry as we challenge the status quo & reduce the friction in global trade.
The Global Customs team is focused on building automation through technology & ensuring that clients stay compliant - from strategy to execution - to support & fuel our exciting growth plans.
- Digitally prepare & file all documentation required for goods to clear UK customs for high profile clients.
- Review & organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with UK Customs
- Enter commercial product information into our customs software with speed, consistency & accuracy.
- Support your operations & sales teams on customs related topics such as product classifications, clarifying information on customs docs, pre-calculating duties & taxes, etc.
You should have:
- 1-3 years experience in customs, preferably at a customs agency, freight forwarder or trade compliance firm in the UK market.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail & follow-through.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Most importantly, a can-do attitude. See something broken? Fix it.
- Proficiency in English is a must, Dutch / German language a bonus.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.