MachineMetrics is looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer! This position may be based out of our Boston, MA or Northampton, MA office!
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software & manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still & are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor & enable teams to drive decisions with machine data. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch in 2019 & voted one of Built Ins 2020 Best Places to Work in Boston!
We develop & integrate production monitoring software for manufacturing companies. Our industry 4.0-ready software increases productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, & deep manufacturing analytics. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, & amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
You will have experience with cloud native applications. Ideally youll have some engineering experience in networks. You love working with other developers & admins & helping them seek solutions.
How Youll Make an Impact:
- Develop & maintain processes around infrastructure as code (IaaC) to make existing applications & data processing pipeline systems replicable for staging environments, disaster recovery, & single-tenancy use cases.
- Own & support core infrastructure, including cloud network & security, Kubernetes cluster, RDS databases, & AWS ECS clusters.
- Integrate with development teams, providing support & expertise in building cloud native applications with an eye toward supporting seamless deployment across multiple environments.
- Support data science team with their varied requirements, such as deploying R, managing spark, & scaling dynamic workloads.
- Use data to drive your decisions & consider other points of view when looking at a problem.
What Youll Have:
- Production experience with docker & Kubernetes, possibly running high-availability TimescaleDB or PostgreSQL.
- Cloud computing experience e.g., AWS (preferred), Azure, Google etc.
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- DevOps or software engineering experience; Linux and/or Cloud or software development
- A naturally curious personality; flexible; ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
All qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.