At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Cloudflares Security team secures Cloudflare itself, & the services we provide to help build a better Internet. We need to solve big security challenges at scale. Just how big?
- spans 165 data centers in 76 countries,
- serving 5 to 10 million requests per second,
- leveraging 25 terabits of aggregate network capacity,
- protecting over 12 million domains,
- and securing 2.8 billion people every month.
As a Technical Program Manager intern on the Security team, you will:
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to support Security priorities
- Contribute to synthesizing ideas & concepts into executable program / project plans (PRDs, design specs, roadmaps, budgets, resource planning, etc)
- Collaborate with key internal & external stakeholders to make tough decisions, prioritize requirements, estimate work efforts, define milestones, identify dependencies, evaluate & mitigate risks, triage & debug issues large & small, breakthrough communication issues, & maintain alignment & morale between all teams & stakeholders
- Proactively remove obstacles by escalating issues & identifying scope changes
- Participate in technical implementation discussions at the architecture level; you will be asked to articulate the technical design, challenges, & risks
- Understand our products deeply from a technical & business perspective
- Act as a bridge & connector for the company on Security priorities & standards
- Continuously improve & scale processes to increase effectiveness of the Security organization. Create a living repository of program / project / product / process frameworks, tools, & best practices. Ruthlessly automate across every effort you touch
- Ideally looking for someone with interest in technical program / product management
- Excellent empathy & integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders & making principled decisions
- Technical aptitude & ability to understand technical designs & participate in technical discussions. Engineers want to work closely with you
- Familiar or interest in at least one of the following: software development lifecycle (SDLC), project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum), tools (Confluence, JIRA)
- Experience in or desire to work with multiple time zones & multiple cross functional teams
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.