Director of UX & Product Design
Walmart Conversational shopping will create a differentiated customer experience for Walmart customers. Our goal is to deeply enhance the retail relationship & optimize it for the digital world. We are building a hard-working passionate team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape & driving technical innovation.
We are looking for a Director of UX & Design that will be the champion of our customer & experiences - supporting both customer facing & internal tooling initiatives. He/she should be able to deeply understand the business & the customer, implications for our future automation & experiential needs. It is important that they can clearly communicate, drive influence, & be able to break down problems.
Who will love this job:
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, & enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the end to end customer experience
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly & need a teammate who will too
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design & can handle anything that comes your way
- An optimist who knows strategy will shift & priorities will change, but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers & business.
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you will do:
- Define & lead the UX Designers, Product Designers, & copywriters with vision, team, culture, & function
- Work across organizational boundaries to create an industry-defining experience
- Apply critical thinking & creativity to complex design challenges from conception to production for our experiences
- Identify & implement systems, services, & tools that enhance the speed & quality of design execution - such as design libraries, style guides & brand standards
- Facilitate discovery meetings that entail white boarding & brainstorming sessions to define business & project objectives, while discussing various solutions
- Incorporate corporate branding & messaging into the product
- Structure the team for optimal output that is clearly measurable for quality & quantity
- Create processes & opportunities to support individual & team growth - such as sharing knowledge, mentorship, critiques, & education. Communicate UX strategy & rationale for research, audits, personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content mapping, campaign flows & functional specs
- Use state-of-the-art research techniques to extract requirements from users & capture them in sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, clickable html, & visual artwork
- Other duties as needed
What you should have:
- Bachelors degree & MBA or advanced graduate degree a plus
- 8+ years of experience working in a consumer-focused business/product with experience in graphics design or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience as a manager leading a team
- Experience in managing UI & UX designers & able to easily connect the backend to the front end to meet our customers expectations
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum development process as well as experience using Sketch, InVision, Principle & other similar tools.
- Excellent verbal & written skills to be able to communicate to both technical & non-technical savvy audience members
- Strong understanding of experience principles & customer needs such as motivations & behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging & actionable deliverables
- Ability to prioritize tasks & meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Strong sense of accountability & ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to, & working with, cross-disciplinary teams
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment & ability to manage & execute multiple priorities at a fast-paced company while operating independently with minimal supervision
- Know how to inspire, motivate & support a team to get things done
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves & do whats necessary