HOT 99.1 (WQBK-HD2) Content Creator & On-Air Talent
Are you a visionary leader with a history of building high performing teams & brands? Do you have a strong skillset & affinity for digital content distribution? If so, wed like to talk to you.
Were searching for someone with strong character, ambition, experience, success, & heart to help maximize the performance of our teams talent, grow our audience size (on-air & online), & help generate revenue via programs, features, promotions, endorsements, our digital platforms, & events.
This leader will report to our Director of Content, have brand ownership of 1 station, perform an interactive & entertaining daily radio show, & write & publish at least two original articles for each weekday air shift onto the station website.
This is not a remote position. If youre interested, please share an achievement-oriented resume filled with accomplishments & quantifiable ratings & digital success, a link to your show audio (SoundCloud/drop box/etc.), & examples of your digital skills (including writing & video).
- Assist Director of Content on various projects aimed at improving the quality of our brands & events
- Assist Director of Content & Market President in building a high performing team that is
positive & professional
- Vision, Leadership, & Management for 1 brand
- Conduct Regular Strategy Sessions with air talent & brainstorming sessions with station
leadership & sales team
- Communicate clearly & effectively amongst departments & with key stakeholders
- Recruit top talent
- Entertain & inform audiences both on the air, via our digital platforms, our social media
outlets, & at station & partner events
- Work with sales leadership to generate revenue via programming, features, promotions,
endorsements, our digital platforms, & events
- Write & publish at least two original articles for each weekday air shift onto the station
- Engage daily with your audience via the station mobile app & the stations accounts on
social media, including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Incorporate content from the stations digital platforms into your on-air show
- 5 Years full-time radio experience
- Track record of quantifiable success
- Knowledge of all FCC rules & regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable programs & excellent verbal communication skills
- Public speaking skill & ability to interact with listeners & clients in a public setting
- Problem-solving ability & skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management & staff at all levels & to multi-task & handle
pressures & deadlines
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, & other related production
- High School Diploma
- Must possess valid state drivers license
- Physical Requirements
- May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
- And much more
Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions & radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing web sites, search engine optimization, social platforms & online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand & data management platform; & Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with corresponding local news & entertainment websites & apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, & NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands
including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com & Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias
employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.