We are looking for an experienced architect with a track record of thought leadership & execution. This person will help us evolve & improve our holistic technical strategy, & also collaborate with teams to design the architecture that powers individual features in our Enterprise SaaS application.
What you'll do
- Drive alignment & improvement of technical strategy across all vertical features & horizontal layers of the stack
- Ensure that our solutions are designed & implemented to address relevant architectural concerns (e.g. extensibility, maintainability, scalability, reliability, etc.)
- Ensure that technical debt is only incurred consciously & explicitly, & help to create plans & timelines for repaying it
- Regularly assess the health of architecture & systems. Advocate for upgrades, maintenance, & improvements. Help to communicate the value of that work to non-technical stakeholders.
- Contribute code & tests to team projects as needed, & occasionally take on solo projects to lay foundations for better architecture
- Work with large, disparate datasets & find opportunities for interoperability
- Proactively create, refine, communicate, & evangelize our technical vision
- Be an integral part of our cross-functional Architecture Council
- Review design documents, PoCs, & code contributions
- Proactively collaborate with engineering teams as a valued partner, as opposed to a gatekeeper
- Be a gatekeeper when absolutely necessary to avoid significant risk or technical debt
- Participate in high-level product brainstorming & roadmap planning as a technical consultant
- Build consensus & buy-in for our technical strategy across the department
- Help our engineers grow & level up their skills via mentorship, teaching, etc.
- Practice & evangelize a culture of disagree & commit
- Always communicate constructively, courteously, & professionally
Who you are
- You have a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- You have 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Highly preferred: you have 1+ years as an architect or principal engineer
- Youve designed & delivered massive scale, multi-tenant SaaS data products using public clouds such as AWS, GCP or Azure cloud services. Experience with AWS products is a plus.
- Youve designed & delivered Restful web services in cloud
- You have experience building distributed systems that collect & process data, & youre familiar with technologies, patterns, & best practices for ETL, ELT, ETLT, etc.
- You have experience with microservice architecture, docker containers, & Kubernetes
- Youre an expert at SQL/ NoSQL databases & SQL programming
- You have experience migrating, deprecating, or otherwise managing legacy monolithic codebases & databases
- Youre an expert in object-oriented languages such as Java, Scala, Python
- You have top-notch communication & collaboration skills. You pride yourself on your ability to connect with people, & your colleagues would attest to the value of those connections.
- You have experience mentoring & supporting peers & engineering teams
- Can-do startup attitude
- Ability to effectively work & influence within a dynamic cross-cultural environment