ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The VP Technical Accounting position will lead technical accounting research & documentation as well as collaborate with key business partners on various business transactions & initiatives.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Lead technical accounting research & documentation of new accounting guidance, policies, & procedures, specifically as it relates to high interest areas like revenue accounting, stock-based compensation, leases, & equity.
- Collaborate with key business partners on various business transactions & initiatives to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, researched concluded, documented, & communicated to relevant parties formally through accounting memos & informally as appropriate.
- Preparation, accurate reporting & filing of SEC periodic reports such as Forms 10-Q & 10-K.
- Participate in the coordination & preparation of press releases, & other current reports (8-K) as needed.
- Supervise select Accounting staff in the Finance, Accounting & Reporting Department and lead all aspects of accounting operations including month-end close & annual audit.
- Optimize the close processes, close financials quarterly & ensure company is in a position to operate on as a public company.
- Support the initial Implementation of controls in the financial closing & reporting process & ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Writes, implements & ensures effective & practical implementation of corporate policies.
- Participate in or manage system implementation & other special projects & other accounting & finance responsibilities as required
- Serve on the finance leadership team & collaborate with CFO, SVP Finance & fellow leaders on functional & people priorities. Bring to life the team vision to transform the function with technology & the finance skill sets of the future.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 8 years experience in top-tier public accounting firms and/or public company environment.
- A track record working in a consumer facing/high growth tech business (preferable)
- Strong & extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting & US GAAP. Working IFRS knowledge
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity & professionalism.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research & reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- SOX & internal controls experience.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks.
- Excellent project managerial & interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes & simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Leadership experience in organizing, planning & executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal & external reporting & organizational lines.
- Strategic thinking & leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management & communication at all levels within an organization. Facilitate & coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, & respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure & stress & to adjust plans to meet changing needs & requirements.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.