This position is part of CMs Summer Internship Program.More than 40 interns will be joining the CM family this summer across various offices & disciplines.Our interns are PAID, engage in real project work & are 100% part of our team. Candidates must be available from mid-May to mid-August to be eligible.
Best part of our program?The interns will come together as a team to work on a special project created for them by CMs Executive team. If you are looking to gain experience from digital masters & get your career off to a great start, this may be the program for you.
This year, were excited to be looking for talented copywriters who want to learn more about a life in digital marketing & experience design. Does that capture your attention? Are you already thinking of a better way to have phrased that? Were off to a good start.
The expectations are high. Obviously, were looking for someone who can write. Someone whos always got a quick turn of phrase on hand & is able to draw emotion with every keystroke. Short form, long form, social & site. We want all the words.
But thats not it. Far from it. Were after ideas, & we expect that youre full of em. That brain of yours is literally teeming with concepts the likes of which this world has never seen. The best idea has always won at CM regardless of where it came from. And we want yours in the mix.
As a copy intern at CM youll work with our entire creative team to help through the entire creative process from conception to execution. Our broad roster of clients ranges from automotive to healthcare to CPG to insurance so youll be exposed to a variety of different types of work & styles. Were firm believers in cross-discipline thinking, so youll also get the chance to see how designers, art directors, strategists, technologists, account folks & project managers go about their business & what that means to you as copywriter.
- Work with a mentor to ideate & write solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Collaborating with creative team members to determine concepts & copy direction
- Create, write & repurpose content for websites, digital advertising & social media
- Translate creative direction & messaging points from creative briefs into engaging & effective concepts & copy
- Maintain high standards of copywriting & quality control
- Adhere to brand style guides as required
- A strong copywriting portfolio (you must include a portfolio URL or digital samples with your application)
- Post-secondary education in English, journalism, communications or a related field
- Experience related to marketing & advertising
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write for diverse audiences
- Ability to brainstorming & contribute to bigger ideas
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail
- An understanding of information architecture & interactivity
- A keen enthusiasm for & demonstrable understanding of digital trends & technologies
- Attention to detail orientated & excellent proofreading skills
- The ability to multitask, research & meet tight deadlines