Working closely with the VP, Creative Director, the G9 Art Director will be an integral part of spearheading art direction, design, & brand identity for brand refreshes, town halls, corporate design, media, & marketing materials for Brandshop within Group Nine Media. We are looking for a highly creative individual that excels in visual storytelling for brand identity, color theory, design, typography, photography, video, social media & motion graphics for various G9 brand initiatives. The G9 Art Director must be passionate about designing for corporate, & creating impressive Town Hall experiences for the entire G9 org. This person must be skilled at building out brand identities with a goal to elevate the aesthetic for redesigns & refreshes. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with exquisite taste & vision, who can produce original, innovative, & unique solutions to creative challenges.
The right candidate is a strong collaborator & has experience working with brand identity, corporate design, marketing, editorial, production, & sales teams. This person must be a natural problem-solver, & bring the best creative ideas to the table.
- Collaborate with creative, brand representatives, marketing, workplace, communication, people, & executive teams to provide art direction, branding, & design for various G9 brand initiatives.
- Provide art direction & graphic design for a range of multimedia & interactive brand projects, including but not limited to signage, graphic elements, still-life photography, motion graphics, & video.
- Own Group Nine Town Hall experience, from start to finish; design, flow, scripts, video editing, sizzle reels, production, presentation & execution.
- Work closely with the VP, Creative Director to develop creative positioning in collaboration with executive team.
- Spearhead brand design & consultation for brand refreshes or rebrands for any of the Group Nine brands.
- Provide design & consultation to assist any brands with visual strategy needs based on any new or existing initiatives.
- Support brand tentpoles, events, or any major brand initiative with logo design, brand identity, & style guide development.
- Assist in designing marketing collateral & decks, providing art direction, & visual strategy for Agency Services & White Label requests.
- Lend support to Brandshop Art Department & be a team player when all hands are needed on deck for various projects.
- Create fun & cool company swag, like sweaters, cups, hats, & water bottles.
- Continually push for newness & innovation to improve & elevate brand identity across all G9 brands.
- Develop visually stunning concepts for special projects.
- Handle asset management for G9 corporate design.
- 4+ years of experience in advertising, media, publishing, design firm, or creative agency.
- Strong multimedia & interactive understanding of mixing video, photo, & audio to build engaging virtual corporate experiences.
- Proactively seek knowledge in latest visual storytelling, design & typography trends, social platforms, presentation styles, & industry best practices.
- Design with a sophisticated modern aesthetic with a keen eye for logo design, color theory, & typography.
- Clear & effective communication skills in articulating concepts & presenting ideas to clients & leadership.
- Must be seasoned in establishing new workflows & creative processes.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, & presentation design skills using Google Slides, Keynote, & Powerpoint.
- Must possess a positive, flexible, & collaborative attitude.
- Be a genuinely creative thinker with curiosity, overflowing with new ideas.
- Diplomatic, with enthusiasm & great interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated & able to identify opportunities for creative problem solving.
NOTE: This position is a 3-month trial contract with an opportunity to extend further.