At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Our drivers & passengers entrust Lyft with their personal information & travel details to get where they're going & expect us to keep that data safe. Lyft's security team leads efforts across the company to ensure our systems are secure & worthy of our users' trust.
The security team designs & builds Lyft's security architecture, consult with other teams as they build & launch new products & features, proactively plans for the unexpected, & responds to incidents that occur. Our work affects the entire company & takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web application security, as well as mobile apps, IT, bikes, scooters, & autonomous vehicles. We try to approach security from a software engineering standpoint. We believe in scaling security through automation & tooling & we ship frequently. Check out our blog posts at https://eng.lyft.com/tagged/security to learn more about some of the things weve built.
The Security teams mission: Empower the company to ship secure products. Provide clear guidance on secure code & implement quality gates across our software delivery pipeline.
Were looking for the right person to join our Application Security team to support & mature our Bug Bounty program. We work closely with many teams across the company to review designs & educate on best practices. In order to be scalable, we need to understand root causes, identify similar issues across Lyft & drive sustainable remediation efforts.
- Triage & validate issues identified through our Bug Bounty program
- Collaborate with teams across Lyft to understand, verify & remediate identified security issues
- Proactively research new attack vectors that may affect Lyft
- Proactively identify further instances of the same issue through scripting & automation & drive resolutions for the underlying issues
- Test fixes to ensure we are getting the most value from our reports
- Use your knowledge of frequent issues to create & provide guidance & best practices for Lyft engineers
- Threat model & code review of features/services
Security superstars come from many backgrounds. We encourage you to apply even if you do not match this list perfectly.
- Penetration testing against cloud environments and/or mobile (iOS/Android)
- Development skills to automate code security assessment & scale your impact
- Computer networking concepts & protocols, application & network security methodologies
- Network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, & principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth)
- Present findings, recommendations & results to leadership
- Experience giving security conference talks
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident & well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means
- Bug bounty research
- CTF experience
- Experience with (or a deep interest in) computer security, ideally in both attacking & defending services
- When facing a problem that's poorly defined or outside of your expertise, you can quickly & independently learn what you need to dig in, make sense of the problem, & start working towards a solution
- You're a great communicator & can advocate for your proposals while also empathizing with your teammates' goals & priorities
- You understand that security work must be prioritized because all teams have finite resources. You have good judgment & a sense of when to compromise & when to hold your ground
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.