Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOULL DO
As the Director of Support Operations & Analytics within the Global Technical Support Team, you will be the global champion for identifying, organizing, & ultimately executing significant operational excellence initiatives to improve the quality of support we deliver to our customers. This role is key to ensuring efficient, effective growth of our Global Technical Support Team as we continue to scale. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team within Global Technical Support, you will work closely with key stakeholders both within, & outside of, the support team to identify, organize, & execute significant operational projects that deliver tangible results for Braze & our amazing customers. You will also be the champion for the support tools used within Braze Support, & will help the team continuously evolve our metrics to ensure we are driving the desired outcomes.
Identifying Trends & Themes
You should be passionate about data - because you will be spending a lot of time utilizing the robust data in Technical Support to identify core drivers of customer case volume. You will also use tools like Snowflake to develop reports leading you to identify insights that can deliver breakthrough approaches. You will focus a significant amount of effort each quarter drilling into the data to understand areas for improvement: processes that can be enhanced, product improvements such as usability & educational gaps, & systems that can be implemented to tweaked to achieve better support outcomes. You will need to be confident in dynamically connecting to multiple data sources or warehouses, to shape & transform data in a way that allows you to generate analytical explanations, insights, & models that are consumable & relevant across multiple levels in the business.
Organizing Effort to Deliver
As you mine the data & speak regularly with our support specialists, youll discover trends & themes for improvement initiatives & work with leadership teams across the business (Support, Product, Engineering, Partnerships) to prioritize effort around these initiatives. You will need to bring data-driven evidence on the problem you would like to solve & influence leaders as to why these initiatives should be prioritized above other activities. This will also mean you will directly lead & project manage some of these operational excellence initiatives, which may have significant scope & duration.
Executing for Results
You will act as the project lead, or key stakeholder, across all operational excellence initiatives that you identify, ensuring the project achieves the desired outcomes. Youll coordinate with internal teams, such as enablement, to ensure people, process, & technology are well prepared to execute the mission. You will also focus on the development & ongoing measurement of success Key Performance Indicators for each project, allowing Braze to see the improvements resulting from these initiatives.
WHO YOU ARE
You have worked within a Global Technical Support Team & understand key support drivers for success. You have also had significant experience performing data analysis to identify key insights that can be turned into action. Youve successfully launched key projects that delivered measurable results & you understand the art & science behind good project management. You get excited by uncovering improvement initiatives from data & you are passionate about being the champion to see these initiatives deliver real results. Youre a team player, a prioritizer, & you are ready to be another key reason why our customers love Braze Technical Support.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelors Degree from a 4-year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- 5 - 7 years experience in a Technical Support role, either as a senior specialist or, preferably as a member of the management team
- 10 years experience in progressive roles within the technology services industry
- Demonstrated experience with designing & developing support metrics from the ground-up & continuously improving those metrics over time to drive better outcomes.
- Experience with support & delivery of Business-to-Business enterprise SaaS products
- Strong experience in performing data analysis & identifying key trends & themes within the data for actionable insight
- Proven track record of project managing successful global initiatives for real results
- Examples of influential moments when you won over key stakeholders to organize resourcing
- Experience leading teams without direct reporting responsibilities
- Experience with knowledge programs, such as KCS (Knowledge Centered Support)
- Great communication skills & comfort navigating key stakeholder management across a diverse technical audience, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.com - specifically creating dashboards, reports
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools such as Looker, PowerBI, or Salesforce Einstein
- Bonus Points:
- Masters or Certification in a Data Analytics or Data Science related field
- Lean Six Sigma Certified
- PMP Certification
- Experience with support tools: PagerDuty and/or Guru
- Experience using Braze
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, & parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.