At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
This newly created position is responsible for delivering sustainability solutions within the Supply Chain for Lyfts emerging Bike & Scooters division. You will play a key role in influencing hardware design & operations to sustainable outcomes while focusing on enhancing the Supply Chain. Specifically, you will be instrumental in developing technical solutions that maximize the positive environmental impact of the manufacturing & deployment of our products.
In this role, the successful candidate will focus on understanding product lifecycle through design, manufacturing, deployment & end of life to develop internal & external supplier sustainable engineering standards. A strong understanding of environmental performance measurement methodologies e.g. LCA is required, while experience in developing & applying environmental engineering technologies is critical to the success of this role. Ultimately, you will help our supply chain & internal partners better measure & improve the civil & environmental impact of their activities.
- Develop standards, best practices, & solutions across all environmental media (air, water, waste) to maximize the positive impact of manufacturing systems on human health & the physical environment along the supply chain
- Identification of energy, civil, & environmental piece cost impacts; supporting Global Supply Managers (GSMs) in negotiations & proposing best available technology to achieve cost & environmental impact reductions
- Audit manufacturing facilities & identify risk areas as per developed standards in support of supplier selection & supply chain improvement activities
- Where applicable, work with Suppliers to develop solutions to practically improve Supply Chain sustainability performance per phase of program lifecycle (e.g. improving factory indoor air quality by EVT phase)
- Develop working standards for LBS & supplier staff for health management including, potable water, air quality, & waste management requirements
- Lead Supply Chain transportation decision making maximize positive environmental impact
- Civil & Environmental engineering systems in scope:
- Air - Indoor (including health & safety considerations) & outdoor air quality, GHG, pollution control & radon
- Water - wastewater management, & civil infrastructure including drainage, berms, etc.
- Energy optimization
- Soil - primarily solid & hazardous waste management
- Infrastructure - technical solutions for civil/environmental impact integration into municipal infrastructure deployed & manufacturing infrastructure within the Supply Chain
- Traffic engineering - engineering techniques to achieve safe & efficient movement of people; including traffic analysis, accident analysis, control, non motorized facilities, traffic forecast, safety, human factors, & transportation project communications
- Civil & Environmental Engineering systems out of scope:
- Soil - Remediation
- Health & safety - electrical safety, ergonomics, hearing & noise pollution, radiation protection, personal protective equipment, heat exposure & heat stress, chemical exposure, chemical security, incident response
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil and/or environmental engineering, chemical engineering, and/or related application driven field
- At least 5 years in relevant environmental management and/or multi-disciplinary engineering experience in capital projects or supporting manufacturing facilities
- Experience managing environmental/regulatory or governmental policy compliance & interpreting regulations for practical applications
- PE or EIT
- Knowledge of project management phases is a plus
- External engagement and/or supplier management experience is a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.