Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Read more about our initiatives here.
What you'll do:
We are on the hunt for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join us at Slice! You will help develop our customer facing web applications using the latest in front end technologies & design patterns, while helping us grow our product offering by making great engineering decisions, mentoring some new blood & more!
What we're looking for:
- Experience building production-ready applications in a modern front-end framework
- Ability to create clean & organized front-end code that optimally loads.
- Fluent verbal & written English skills
- Positive approach to work, & treat others well.
- Ability & experience in mentoring others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience writing production React applications
- Experience setting up & using metrics, monitoring & analytics tools to measure front-end application performance
- Comfort in working on mobile-first web products
- Understanding the vision & goals for a web product, & looking at things from the user's perspective
- Ability to craft leading-edge front-end interactions
- Experience in implementing front-ends for Rails backed systems is a big bonus
- Understanding of best practices for using libraries, version control, & sticking to a shared software development process
- Experience monitoring & maximizing the SEO of a web product
- Experience working with remote team members or offshore teams
- Love for pizza
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the Engineering culture and skill bases & community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.