Appian is actively seeking a Senior Industry Marketing Manager to drive marketing strategy & execution for the Public Sector, one of our largest industry market segments. This individual will partner with a team of industry practice leads & subject matter experts to define & tell a compelling & differentiated story about Appians hyperautomation & low-code capabilities & solutions for the Public Sector & its sub-markets, primarily U.S. Federal, State & Local Government. He or she will create the industry marketing strategy & plan, coordinate with a variety of marketing execution resources to carry out the plan, & ensure that Sales has the resources to effectively sell Appians offerings to government organizations in the U.S. & globally. This person will also have the opportunity to build & to lead a supporting team to continue to drive growth for Appian Government.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the Public Sector segment; monitor industry trends & build industry-specific buyer personas
- Partner with our Public Sector subject matter experts to craft & tell a story about the unique value Appian delivers for the Public Sector industry
- Define a global marketing strategy & plan for capturing the mindshare of our target buyers, analysts & partner community within the Public Sector segment
- Collaborate with industry subject matter experts to create content that articulates value throughout the buyer journey; understand the buying process & key stakeholders involved, & build internal & external content & messaging
- Define tactics for generating awareness & high-quality leads for the Sales team; work with Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, Events, & Field Marketing teams on the execution of programs with measurement & goals
- Support product launch & sales enablement efforts by creating positioning/messaging documents, sales presentations, solution briefs, & other product collateral
- 7-10 years of industry marketing or marketing management experience in high-tech / Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments; prior Public Sector marketing experience required
- A proven track record of developing strategies & tactics to drive awareness & demand within specific target segments or verticals
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to express technical concepts in the form of crisp, value-based messages
- A proven ability to produce creative, memorable & highly engaging content in support of inbound & outbound marketing activities
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, be a team player & thrive in a highly collaborative & matrixed environment
- Experience with related technologies, including business process management (BPM), robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI), case management, CRM, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), enterprise mobile, a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.