Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
Under supervision of theBilling Manager the Billing Team Lead will oversee a team of 4 Billing Analysts. This crucial CG position will lead all customer facing aspects of the billing process. This includes taking customer phone calls, updating invoices, providing relevant documents, processing payments, explaining billing policy & ensuring proper routing of incoming requests. This position will work closely with many different departments at CG & will require excellent communication skills, attention to detail & cross-departmental cohesion. This role is very customer service focused, you must be comfortable with phone support.
What You'll Do:
- Grow & scale the customer facing side of the billing function
- Full ownership of managing, organizing & improving SalesForce case queues (billing requests & cancellation)
- Ensure proper distribution of incoming non-billing requests to the correct departments
- Prioritize case work as needed during busier periods & serve as a point of escalation
- Manage a large volume of billing requests & billing adjustments
- Oversee a team responsible for taking inbound customer calls (billing related) & be able to triage busy times of the month
- Work with internal CG departments (Sales & Sales Ops) to solve billing & system related issues
- Serve as the point of escalation for all billing issues
- Lead the mission to provide the best customer experience to CarGurus internal & external customers
- Support the implementation of a new billing software in efforts to increase process automation
- Encourage & support a positive & efficient team dynamic
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience with case management in Salesforce is preferred
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills & comfort supervising employees in a professional & helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn & understand financial accounting systems/software quickly
- Experience in AR/Billing a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.