We are looking for a Product Analyst to join our Product organization. In this role you will work cross-functionally & partner with key stakeholders to measure & quantify product initiatives here at 1stdibs.
Reporting to the CPO, you will acquire an intimate understanding of 1stdibs data infrastructure to critically evaluate business requirements for analyses & dashboards. Working closely with our Data as a Service team, you will also create targeted dashboards & inform data modeling.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn & develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages analytics to drive decisions. You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, see the big picture but pay close attention to detail, & demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills. You will be diligent in your work & have a passion for process. You will be passionate about using data to drive business decisions & have experience working with various stakeholders & cross-functional teams. To be successful you will have a working knowledge of SQL, a natural flair for interpreting data & an all around passion for numbers!
We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, youll be given the opportunity to work with & learn from some of the most passionate, driven & creative people assembled under one roof.
What youll do
- Collaborate closely with all areas of the business (Product, Marketing, Operations, Supply) to provide scalable reports, dashboards & visualizations that inform key stakeholders & drive business processes
- Prepare trend analysis & investigative reporting for product teams & senior management
- Gather business requirements to help Analytics & Engineering establish the appropriate data schemas/lakes/marts for our BI platform
- Translate business requirements to inform our database management & engineering teams on building relevant & efficient data models in Redshift
- Work with our Data as a Service team to ensure Looker data models & analytical queries are performant
- Serve as a cross-functional partner to collaborate with various business teams to drive new data initiatives
What you'll bring
- B.A. | B.S. in a quantitative field, computer science or mathematics
- 3+ years of professional experience in Business Analytics and/or Data Analysis in an e-commerce environment
- A critical thinker who has proven experience gathering, evaluating, prioritizing, & documenting business requirements, for analyses & reporting needs
- Solid planning, priority setting, & project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Chartio)
- Extremely proficient with various analytical toolkits; SQL is a must
- Comfortable with large, complex relational databases (both transactional & analytical) & nested tables (BigQuery, Redshift)
- Analytic curiosity & comfortable working in a continually evolving, fast-paced, cross-functional environment
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.