About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our growing research team. Our small but growing UX Research team works to uncover meaningful human-centered insights that drive the future of Splice. We are looking for an individual with a mixed methods skill set in both qualitative & quantitative research methods. The right candidate is comfortable working alongside Product & Design teams, passionate about understanding human behavior, comfortable in a highly self-directed culture, & excited to help build a culture of research at Splice.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators & collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, were constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists & employees. If you work at Splice youll be asked, what does music mean to you? Thats because music is at the core of everything we do. Its why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, & change the industry for the better. Its why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent & collaborate with to ensure that were growing towards a more inclusive & open minded reality. And its why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What youll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product, Design) & other researchers to identify the highest priority research questions
- Design & execute high impact studies, using the right methodology for the most pressing questions
- Generate foundational insights that drive longer term strategy, not just short-term product wins
- Ability to synthesize & share insights in a compelling way
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Marketing, Content, & Data Science teams
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research & help build a culture of research (and rigor) at Splice
- Always advocate for the creators who use our products
What were looking for:
- 4+ years experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative research methods
- Experience with survey design & analysis
- Someone who thrives in ambiguity and always works to drive towards clarity
- Someone scrappy & entrepreneurial, whos willing to roll up their sleeves
Nice to haves
- BA/BS degree in Human Behavior Field or related (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science)
- Experience working in the music industry & / or first-hand experience as a musician or music producer
- Experience working in a fast-paced & self directed startup environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.