The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, this team tackles the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers & partners.
We are looking for a hands-on, bilingual in English & Spanish Software Support Engineer with excellent analytical & communication skills. Internally we call this role Solution Engineer, & ideally you not only have a strong interest in software development ( minus the coding 8 hours a day part ), but also have a desire to work closely with some of our highest stakes customers. A keen interest in data analytics is also desirable, as you will have the opportunity to work with big datasets. To reiterate, however: this is not a software development gig, & we dont require a Computer Science degree. You would also have the opportunity to improve customer experience & internal systems, tools & processes used by the Solution Engineering team.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques & collaborate with various teams & subject matter experts to help reproduce & resolve customer issues
- Drive customer communication during critical incidents, working on highly complex customer problems that may span multiple technologies such as: VPNs, databases, authentication, & more.
- Leverage your contact with customers to capture feedback with how Appian can improve
- Write tutorials & other technical articles for both Appian Customers & Appian Employees
- Identify opportunities to enhance 24/7 systems & processes to improve the customer experience. Participate in evaluating, prioritizing & actioning these improvement projects
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Days filled with unique & exciting challengeseveryday is different!
- Advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- Appian product training, plus additional training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- Our team is rapidly growing, & with growth comes opportunity!
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid or remote working arrangement, & flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar work experience
- 1-2+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Fluency or professional proficiency in English & Spanish, experience in providing support to Spanish speaking customers a plus
- Comfort working in a Linux or Windows CLI environment
- Passion for problem solving & a talent for identifying creative technical solutions
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality & security of our platform
- Willing & able to provide after hours support (rotation every 12 or so weeks)
Nice to Haves:
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.