The Sleeving Technician is responsible for timely repair & preventive maintenance of sleeving equipment to increase performance efficiency of equipment. Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical / electrical breakdowns in manufacturing production equipment. Technicians must follow all established safety, GMP`s & environmental standards. Adhere to all plant technical standards & company compliance with all federal, state, local & company regulations. FDA, EPA & SQF Certifications.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead trouble shooting efforts to increase team performance efficiency by assisting operators, lead & Supervisor
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring & mechanical & electrical testing instruments
- Control downtime by informing operation workers of routine preventative maintenance & operation techniques; monitoring compliance & reporting to supervisor as necessary
- Maintain daily detailed reports of changes to equipment & communicate changes to team
- Maintain 100% completion of assigned preventive maintenance work orders
- Train team members with focus on improving operator trouble shooting abilities. Heavily involved with implementing solutions & ideas
- Keep areas clean & organized, follow proper GMP, safety & quality procedures
- Must be flexible to changing schedules
- Follow all Chobani safety procedures
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements of this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Technical trade school preferred
- 1-3 years of manufacturing experience in an industrial facility
- Ability to use hand tools & knowledge of associated safety procedures
- Excellent written, verbal, & listening skills
- Ability to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.