This position will report to the Loss Prevention Manager. Key areas of responsibility include overseeing security, loss prevention, & general wellbeing for facilities, employees, & clients, as well as overlooking operational functions & inventory control.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- During daily duties this position will be one of the first employees customers see when they enter the store
- Greeting customers in a timely & appropriate manner
- Assist with High Value viewings
- Utilize CCTV to review video for safety & investigations
- Conduct daily audits, to ensure shortage control, safety, & all other Loss Prevention policies & procedures are being adhered to
- Communicate & execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement
- Handle & identify any security/safety related issues
- Collaborate with store management to be an effective partner for business needs
- Partner with the director to analyze the program performance & define appropriate opportunities for improvement
- Hire, train current team members on new processes & systems & to ensure adoption. Train & guide new hires during onboarding
- Develop a deep understanding of business drivers in targeted sectors as well as knowledge of optimal positioning in the marketplace
- Investigate industry trends, understand market conditions, & develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition
What You Bring To The Role
- The position requires open availability with the expectation of working evenings & weekends
- Overtime is sometimes required to meet the business needs
- Understanding of high-end retail & brands
- Ability to lift & move 50lbs of merchandise & supplies
- 2 years of Loss Prevention or Security is preferred
- Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, & Gmail
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.