About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for an Associate Recipe Developer to join our Innovation + Operations team. The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate & bring our food to life. We source ingredients & build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, & instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, & our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time deliveries & a perfect experience for our customers.
In this position, you will develop & execute new recipes across new & existing collections with our customer top of mind. This position will be tasked with the conception & creation of recipes made from whole, real ingredients while also supporting initiatives & priorities of the Procurement, Quality & Manufacturing teams. An understanding & enthusiasm for plant-based eating & holistic nutrition are a must.
What youll do:
- Develop recipes for new & existing collections taking into account sustainability initiatives, constraints of scaling efficiently & diverse customer needs
- Present work in weekly tastings & take direction & team feedback to make excellent recipes
- Research & understand ingredient & recipe origins, existing & emerging diets, market trends, & actualize how Daily Harvest can provide thoughtful options
- Compile & analyze nutritional data of recipes & refine recipes as needed
- Support Research teams user testing & focus group initiatives: preparing samples, providing recipes, taking feedback & refining recipes as needed
- Maintain & update shared dashboards & team tools to enable cross-functional communication
- Help to maintain a sparkling clean & well-organized test kitchen
Who you are:
- Minimum 3+ years relevant test kitchen experience
- Culinary training or experience & recipe development background
- Strong interest in holistic nutrition & a passion for whole, real foods
- Understanding of Google Suite, experience with Genesis ESHA nutrition software a plus
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment, prioritize & manage your own workflow
- Ability to take vague, complex problems & determine realistic & actionable solutions
- Enthusiasm to work both independently & collaboratively to accomplish a shared goal
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.