Build the processes to help Flexport be compliant
We're looking for a Customs Compliance Specialist to work closely with internal business partners to build compliant trade practices that align with the needs of the business while also being scalable for a rapidly growing global footprint. You would support the Customs Compliance team in aligning business operations with compliant trade practices through a combination of training, industry expertise, & excellent customer service to ensure that we are meeting customs compliance & regulatory requirements & make an impact within the business.
- Own internal statistics & reporting for all compliance related initiatives while evolving compliance KPI's to meet changing regulatory requirements
- Prepare & present analytics on U.S.-based Customs compliance performance & identify potential risk areas for the business
- Manage the Customs Compliance internal help desk & efficiently triage compliance issues to the appropriate parties
- Assist in the development of internal Customs training programs
- Monitor & audit shipment compliance through daily audits of various agency requirements
- Collaborate with product & business operations teams to drive ongoing compliance excellence at all stages of the import process
- Deep dive on compliance processes to streamline operational procedures & make our teams more efficient
- Ensure quality controls are in place that drive compliance to government regulations
- Continuously drive to deliver on our promise of "Free Trade through Technology"
- Where time permits, you will be expected to research, learn, inquire about various Customs Compliance team responsibilities in order to be able to effectively assist with related projects, tasks, etc.
- You will be an integral part in the overall success of the team.
You should have:
- You will need the ability to learn quickly, act independently, & think analytically to create clarity in a complex regulatory environment
- You will need to be an effective communicator & have strong customer service skills
- You will need to have a desire to learn about legal trade regulations specific to mandated shipment specific government filings for Imports, Manifests, & Security Filings.
- You will need to be organized & be able to juggle competing priorities
- Have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason necessitate it
- You will need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable!
- Experience in Google Workspace, Excel, SQL, & Jira a plus!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.