As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This Associate Business Developmentrole is within the North America Sales function. This role is responsible for developing account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts along with ensuring implementation of annual sales goals & plans. Qualified candidates will show an ability to quickly build relationships internally & within their territory while also demonstrating a desire & capability to excel in other sales roles within the organization.
- Develop & execute customized territory plans to increase sales volume & market share within financial institutions in the region.
- Create new sales & revenue generating opportunities as appropriate
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products & services
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the Client's business objectives are met & that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Continuously review payment landscape & recommend, develop, & implement new & creative approaches to growing Visa's issuer business
- Provide operational or technical leadership within sales
- Ensure implementation of annual goals & plans
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client & the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the Financial Institution's business including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Participate in sales meetings & training activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products & services, including EFT processing services
This position is full-time & will be located inWilmington, DE
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Willingness to learn & execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products & services
- Ability to develop, lead & close complex competitive sales efforts
- Strong analytical & strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism & with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Confidence & ability to effectively createanddeliver presentationsto all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal & external resources & nurture cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements & enhance existing & new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance & an ability to summarize business & financial data in a useful manner for planning & decision
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Wilmington, DE - Relocation assistance will not be offered for this position
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel 0%to 10%
- This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.