About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Director, Data Science to join our Data team. The Data team uses our rich data to create high-impact customer experiences, enable smarter business decisions, & drive innovation company-wide. Your team will provide accurate, actionable analysis, build sophisticated data products, & develop machine learning models that strengthen our competitive advantage.
In this role, youll work with a modern data stack including GCP/Bigquery, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow & Segment. Youll find & explain insights to the rest of the company, identify opportunities for data science to add value, & help plan, build, & release machine learning-driven products into production.
What youll do:
- Partner with our technology leaders & stakeholders across the business to investigate, prioritize, & deliver impactful data products, machine learning models, & analyses
- Manage & hire a team of high-performing Data Scientists & Machine Learning Engineers
- Foster a productive, focused, & innovative environment & provide rigorous technical oversight
- Work directly with our culinary innovation team to build models & data visualization tools that leverage our rich dataset (customer preferences, order behavior, & engagement data) to inform our culinary roadmap
- Collaborate with our marketing leaders to refine our attribution, media mix, & LTV models, enabling high-quality decision-making within our marketing organization
- Communicate effectively across the organization, with the ability to translate the highly-technical to non-technical stakeholders & partner within DH to turn business & product vision into actionable initiatives
- Build a deep understanding of our business across Marketing, Digital Product, Engineering, Finance, Operations, & Culinary Innovation teams in order to identify opportunities for high-impact data products
- Ship data products to production by working closely with our software engineering team
- Align your team to our company objectives & key results & define ways to measure impact
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience, with 2+ years of direct management experience.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related quantitative discipline - Masters or PhD preferred
- Strong Python & SQL background
- Firm grasp of software engineering, data engineering best practices
- Deep experience with developing & evaluating statistical models
- Well-versed in customer data platforms & experimentation platforms
- Experience building scalable machine learning models & shipping them to production
- Experience digging deep into data, creating expressive easy-to-understand visualizations
- Track record of delivering accurate, actionable data products which inform strategy & enable high-quality decision making
- Excellent communication skills, experience communicating with & explaining technical concepts to C-level stakeholders
- Ability to thrive & create structure in a fast-moving & constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.