Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Chief of Staff role at Clover Health is designed to enable our executives & their corresponding verticals to operate at their most efficient. Our Chiefs of Staff rely on their backgrounds in operations, strategy, project management & process improvement to support the various work streams, goals & initiatives across their teams & the organization as a whole.
We are looking for a dynamic Chief of Staff to support the Chief Growth Officer (CGO). You will be the right hand to the CGO - monitoring progress on growth initiatives, tracking & supporting key action items to completion across initiatives, & identifying & unblocking areas of risk. You would be responsible for keeping the CGO apprised of key initiatives & projects, & jumping in to move things forward wherever necessary. The right person for this role will be metrics & data oriented, creative, passionate, extraordinarily organized, & have the ability to influence & manage wide-scale projects.
As a Chief of Staff, you will:
- Support the CGO in monitoring & executing on key initiatives throughout the growth organization.
- Assist in cross-functional work streams where the CGO is the DRI (e.g., new market expansion, membership growth, etc).
- Supplement staffing for various initiatives by serving as part of the initiative team, providing programmatic support, etc.
- Absorb context quickly & dip in & out of projects meriting deeper support.
- Drive strategic alignment between Clover implementation & delivery teams.
- Align teams on the priorities, risks, & statuses & apply local context.
- Track & monitor action items for the CGO across company initiatives in a consolidated fashion.
- Communicate project & initiative status to the CGO, removing roadblocks when possible & highlighting / escalating at risk OKRs as needed.
- Develop work plans & pivot quickly as priorities shift.
- Compile special reports, ad hoc presentations & communications for internal & external stakeholders.
- Enable teams to ensure business OKRs & KPIs are met.
- Support work in other areas by building cross-functional relationships with key partners across the organization, enabling teams & individuals to achieve goals, & enforcing accountability as needed.
You will love this job if:
- You dive head first into accepting diverse & challenging assignments with rigor & curiosity.
- You consistently find connections between seemingly unrelated concepts.
- You are able to take an idea or problem that may not necessarily have a defined home within the organization, & go figure it out with little to no direction.
- You have the ability to build a sphere of influence at all levels.
- You identify operational gaps, plug the holes, & just make things work.
- You are innovative, resourceful & have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You should get in touch if:
- You have at least 5 years of project management experience, ideally in a management consulting and/or growth operations setting.
- You have experience collaborating across various levels of the organization & are comfortable communicating with & creating materials for leadership & executives.
- You have direct experience with OKR/KPI measurement & management to meet business goals.
- You have proven experience to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Previous startup experience preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.