BuzzFeed is seeking Social Media Fellows to join its team in New York & Los Angeles in February/March 2020. Fellows will primarily provide publishing & editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team.The ideal candidate is organized & detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, shopping, & all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement & communication skills.
This Fellowship is part of a year-long program. Fellows work 40 hours per week & are initially paid $18/hour.The deadline to apply for this fellowship is Friday, January 10th. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply.
- Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts & finding/creating content across platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Read & watch BuzzFeed content & find creative ways to adapt stories & videos to new platforms.
- Optimize content across Facebook, Instagram + Instagram Stories, Twitter, Apple News, the BuzzFeed App, & more
- Prepare insights for the social & editorial teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization
- Test creative & copy to discover ways to maximize engagement & traffic
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
- Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams
- Proven organizational & administrative experience
- Understanding of social platforms & messaging apps, & why content on those platforms became popular.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition.
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet (no haters).
- Flexible with changing workloads
- Previous social and/or e-commerce experience a big plus
- Include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position, & what your favorite BuzzFeed social page is & why. You can share this information in the document you upload in place of a cover letter. No formal cover letters, please
- Send through 3-5 examples of BuzzFeed content (on any of our accounts) that you feel did well. Share why you think our audience enjoyed the content (hint: think visually with social sharing in mind).
- Tell us about your favorite non-BuzzFeed publishers & what you think theyre doing well to promote content on any of their social platforms. Of course, your examples won't include BuzzFeed content.
- Provide links to your public social media accounts.
- Attach a resume- 1 Page only.