Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We're looking for a strategic, growth-oriented Revenue lead to accelerate the adoption & growth of Gusto by our Core Audience. Core customers are small businesses who put their people first but are currently or intend to remain relatively small & independent. They work directly with Gusto, & can come from any industry & any walk of life. . You will captain our joint efforts to codify & optimize our playbook for acquiring, retaining, & growing our base of happy Core Gustomers. As part of these efforts, youll serve as the voice of Revenue in working with our cross-functional partners to help prioritize our product roadmap for revenue generating capabilities across Acquisition, Retention, & Expansion, & work closely with our GTM teams to experiment & test different Product, Sales & Marketing tactics (e.g. promotion/coupon capabilities, targeting, etc.) that will attract small business owners from around the United States.
Our opportunity is aligned to our customers interests. As they thrive & grow, we provide them more value. You'll focus on key aspects of a small businesses lifetime when Gustos uniquely positioned to help these small businesses to survive & thrive. Working closely with our Employer EPD, Data Science, & Revenue teams, youll build a strong holistic understanding of our Gustomers experience with Gusto, & develop specific insights & initiatives related to acquisition, retention, & growth.
Youll partner with senior executives to identify opportunities to provide further value throughout a Gustomers lifetime. Youll use your existing knowledge of self-serve SaaS, revenue funnels, & Gustos customers to uncover existing inefficiencies in our current systems, & decisively build paths forward so that Gustomers can see & experience the full value of Gustos offerings.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Strategy & Planning: Work with Revenue & Core Employer teams to develop & execute a revenue plan that surpasses monthly, quarterly, & annual revenue targets.
- Own Holistic Optimization: Work with Data Science & Revenue Operations to identify key points of leverage & accelerate Core business results.
- Drive Daily Results: Work closely with our Revenue teams to uncover key pieces of data & insights (from quantitative & qualitative sources) that can help us optimize our approach, process, and/or offering to better match prospects needs & intent.
- Build & Lead the Practice: Engage with leaders inside & outside the business to build an understanding of best practices & whats working throughout various industries so they can be tested & incorporated within Gustos own practices.
Heres what we're looking for:
- 8+ year track record of success driving top-line growth via a variety of initiatives & teams
- Mastery of influence with or without authority, led by data -- a cross-functional champ
- Comfort reporting up, out, across to any level
- Decisiveness & proactive communication
- Detail orientation (program management a plus)
- Prior experience working across online sales & marketing to drive revenue goals
- Strategic thinking combined with a roll up the sleeves doer attitude
- Experience in new & emerging business (0 - 100 EEs) is a plus
- Experience with HR and/or FinTech is a plus
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $164,000-$207,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, & $193,000-$244,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.