Squarespace is seeking a creative, experienced brand media strategist to focus on connecting the dots between our brand media strategy & our growing/diversifying channel mix -- communicating goals & performance, informing investment & mix decisions, & directly managing key channels. Such, this role requires a strong communicator & connector, comfortable with working cross-functionally & in a matrixed environment. You will also need to operate with a combined innovation & analytical mindset as they lead the growth of awareness in multiple markets & within specific channels such as OOH, Print, & Paid Content.
Our Media & Acquisition team sets itself apart by being both rigorous & experimental, & were looking for team members who can maintain that balance. We advertise across a wide variety of channelsfrom programmatic display & paid search to out of home, online radio, podcasts, & moreand would expect a manager to lead our efforts in several of them. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, with experience across a wide range of traditional & emerging channels. They hold themselves accountable, tracking every placement & its performance to provide feedback on where to invest more & where to invest less. And they are deeply curious, constantly exploring new opportunities & asking questions about how their work connects to the larger business. This position is based in our headquarters in New York.
- Contribute to strategic planning against brand media goals by supporting the development of brand investment & media mix strategies
- Experience managing & growing a team of direct reports
- Report regularly on performance across both directly-managed & matrixed brand channels, & make recommendations for changes in strategy & tactics
- Build a cross channel competitive monitoring approach that allows easy communication across the org
- Lead the evaluation of integrated media partnerships across the org, acting as the brand media expert & working closely with subject matter experts across Video, Social, et al.
- Lead creation of media plans across OOH, Print & Paid Content
- Participate in communication with external agencies
- Collaborate closely with our analytics, creative, & research teams to reach brand goals across markets
- 5 - 6 years of marketing experience on the client or agency side, ideally as a media planner or buyer
- Experience building brand strategies & working in a matrixed environment
- Broad experience across a variety of media channels; including traditional & digital channels
- Comfort using the common tools of the trade: DCM, Google Analytics, Media Ocean etc.
- Structured thinking & communication of plans & performance
- Deep understanding of performance tracking & ROI analysis; you should be very comfortable working in Excel
- Comfort with thinking through challenges from both sides of the brain analytics & intuition
- Forward-thinking, analytical & problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off of ambiguous & unsolved problems
- Extraordinary interpersonal & communication skills, cultivator of collaboratively working relationships with teams across an organization & uplifting others
- Consistently leverages data, analytics, insights & metrics to propel brand strategy & execute compelling marketing programs that deliver measurable value
- Can consider & react to new information quickly but thoughtfully
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.