Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
Our growing Legal team facilitates the companys success through creative legal counsel that helps drive Aetions mission. The Associate Counsel is a new role at Aetion & we are looking for a highly-skilled & dynamic attorney to join our team. This individual will provide key legal support across the broad range of matters that pop up on any given day. The scope of work might include commercial contracts, intellectual property, data governance, privacy, employment law, compliance, & corporate governance. The Associate Counsel will report to the General Counsel.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the full contracting cycle for general commercial agreements (drafting, reviewing, negotiating), including master services, SaaS, vendor, consulting, data rights & use, & non-disclosure agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist with customer, licensing, partnership & collaboration agreements.
- Provide practical, creative & effective legal advice to internal partners on a wide array of business & contractual issues.
- Assist in the management of corporate governance & compliance matters.
- Develop & maintain template agreements that reflect Aetions new & evolving products & services.
- Serve as a reliable & expert resource for the business regarding contract related questions & processes.
- Assist & collaborate with the Legal department as directed by the General Counsel.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school & a member in good standing of a state bar (NY preferred)
- 2+ years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in house
- Experience & understanding of corporate law & contract drafting & interpretation
- Demonstrated ability to identify, communicate & manage risks with an acute attention to detail
- Equally adept at working independently & collaborating with others; self-motivation & willingness to take on responsibility & drive results is a must
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple demands & shifting priorities
- Understanding of a high-growth tech company environment
- Experience with health care law & regulations (e.g. HIPAA)
- Excellent critical thinking & analytical abilities, particularly in developing conceptual understanding of new topics for yourself & others
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic & follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity & engender trust at all levels of an organization
- Meticulous attention to detail & organization
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.