The Smule mission is to connect people all over the world through the joy of making music at massive social scale. Music is much more than just listening It's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, & connecting with people. It is a social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls, & bring people together from all over the world.
Reporting to the President, Smules Sr. Director/ Director of Consumer Marketing will be responsible for driving strategic positioning & messaging for Smule products. Your role will involve a combination of strategic thinking & executional excellence with the goal to effectively position Smules products to the music creator community.
What Youll Do
- Manage top of the funnel value proposition, positioning & messaging strategies for Smule portfolio of apps.
- Build & mentor the Consumer Marketing team, fostering strategic thinking, a sense of urgency, & collaborative culture.
- Lead app stores presence, optimization, promotions, & localization strategies in 20+ languages
- Drive app store KPIs & proactively come up with new ideas & insights to drive performance & communicate Smules brand more effectively
- Analyze consumer & competitor trends to successfully position Smules value proposition to the target audience
- Partner with the Product organization on product-market fit, users insights, & target audience & motivate more casual creators into the new user funnel
- Partner with the Creative & Content Marketing teams to effectively translate positioning strategies into compelling video & visual creatives
- Work closely with the executive team & cross-functional leaders to support the organization on communications & messaging needs.
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience in Consumer Marketing, Communications, Product Marketing or Brand Management for a digital B2C brand.
- You have 3+ years of leadership experience: hiring, managing, & developing talent.
- You are a strategic & creative thinker who can take broad visions & concepts & develop concise messaging & marketing programs.
- You are a strong leader & excellent communicator who can drive cross-functional consensus & influence.
- You have sound business judgment where you can balance creative, conceptual thinking with a data-driven approach.