Who are we?
Were changing the way people send money abroad: were taking something complicated & making it simple. At WorldRemit, our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day!
The mission of theCompliance Departmentis to assist in the implementation & oversight of the compliance functions embedded throughout WorldRemit & to carry out its mission with integrity & in accordance with WorldRemits legal, regulatory & ethical responsibilities. With 50 + regulatory jurisdictions & a truly global span, compliance at WorldRemit provides many exciting challenges & opportunities for those in the compliance area.
The role, reporting to the Deputy Regional Head of Compliance APAC, will work in a small team to assist with ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory obligations & company policies & procedures through the performance of a wide variety of compliance tasks.
Due to the rapid expansion of the Company, WorldRemit is looking for a Compliance Analyst to help with the increasing workload. This is an ideal role for an individual with an interest in Compliance & Anti-money Laundering.
As Compliance Analyst your duties will include but not limited to:
- Monitor compliance with current compliance policies & procedures.
- Escalate issues to the Country Compliance Officer with results of research.
- Monitor public presence of WorldRemit for compliance.
- Assist in the coordination & support of compliance audits & examinations.
- Manage the resolution of compliance issues.
- Providing assistance in training associates on the Companys compliance policies & procedures.
- Performing routine daily tasksreviewing reports, preparing necessary correspondence, & participating in department projects.
- Carrying out any other tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Assist & support the Regulatory Compliance Team with Internal projects, audits, documentations review & collation
- Assist with any other Compliance related matters or projects as identified & assigned by the Compliance Officer.
- Scope for providing assistance & support to the APAC WorldRemit branches.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous experience in AML/Compliance is required & the candidate should have a good understanding of the financial services environment (including remittance business) & the associated regulations.
- Have a professional manner & excellent communication skills.
- Have a logical working style & a high attention to detail.
- Have an ambitious nature with a drive to progress in their career.
- Have the ability to work with confidential & sensitive information in a trustworthy & professional manner.
- Be able to work under pressure, handle conflicting demands, & identify priorities.
- Analytical skills & strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask & manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.