Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building infrastructure & products that help secure the cloud.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with a background in leading company-wide platform initiatives to help drive the definition & delivery of services for DigitalOceans security function. Reporting to the Director of Product & Infrastructure Security, the Engineering Manager will oversee the teams priorities, scheduling, delivery, & operations of the various security services.
This is an opportunity to lead a team focused on building the products, services & tools that will harden DigitalOceans platform, protect its customers, & level up its Security Operations Center. This is a high impact role that is essential for DigitalOcean to meet the needs of its growing customer base & infrastructure footprint.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Defining & driving the development of key services & tools to enhance security
- Leveling up the team through smart hiring, skills development, & cross-training
- Establishing best practices for development, deployment, & operations
- Working with peer teams to gather needs & define requirements
- Driving adoption of services throughout the company
What Well Expect From You:
- Distinguished track record of managing platform solutions from conception to delivery
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build relationships across teams & organizations throughout the company
- Ability to direct several initiatives in parallel & manage priorities & schedules
- Experience designing & building back-end distributed systems in a microservice architecture
- A passion & a drive to make bad people feel sad
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be located in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!