They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, & Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier & more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, & we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms & having the best talent.
Reporting into the General Counsel, the Global Compliance Counsel will also work with senior leadership & outside counsel to develop & implement policies & procedures to ensure that we remain in compliance & act in accordance with local, national, & international laws.
What You'll Do....
In this role, you will develop an international data protection & privacy program & implement appropriate policies & procedures. In addition, you will provide strategic advice & counseling in connection with the development, collection, use, transfer & governance of data, including data analytics, privacy & security, & marketing, both from a US & international perspective. You will advise on global data protection/data privacy issues that arise in the course of transactional matters, including client & vendor data processing & data transfer agreements.
You Should Have....
- Bachelors degree & JD or equivalent
- 8+ years of professional experience, both in a law firm environment & in-house (preferably within a multinational tech company)
- Experience developing an international compliance program
- Intimate knowledge of GDPR, US laws governing data privacy, including TCPA, CCPA, & COPPA
- A proven record of success managing multiple cases/matters/projects and/or teams of internal and/or external resources; and,
- Ability to build consensus, even for difficult or unpopular courses of action necessitated by legal or regulatory requirements.
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health & welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Employee Health Insurance covered 100%
- Company subsidized Gympass on us, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch.
- Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 & floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth & career development
- An exciting & supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) & ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.