--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This role is open to location with preference for London, Munich, or Paris (remote working acceptable).
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a business development executive who has served in the Armed Forces, with direct experience leading mission, intelligence or joint organizations. You have a deep understanding of defence procurement processes, digital in defence & the strategic direction of defence across European nations & their Five Eye allies. Most importantly, you're credible & passionate about the opportunity to help your clients solve their most difficult data challenges.
You have strong leadership skills & a track record in building & scaling strategies that deliver results against aggressive targets. You hold yourself to the highest performance & accountability standards. You're ready to harness your experience & jump into a high-growth technology company to help take Dataminr's Public Sector vertical to the next level.
Reporting to the SVP, International Defence, you'll be part of the International Defence leadership team & responsible for developing & executing a strategy to drive growth & expansion for current users across Europe & Canada.
- Develop & execute multinational growth strategies & tactical account plans for new & existing users, including handling client queries effectively & dealing with objections during the business development & evangelism process
- Drive new account growth by managing the full cycle from generating increased demand for the First Alert product, qualifying new expansion prospects, & conveying the value of First Alert to senior customer officials
- Provide business development & thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities & incremental business success
- Be proficient on Dataminrs First Alert platform, & maintain a deep understanding of publicly available information use cases
- Present high level platform capabilities to senior defence audiences
- Predict & forecast potential client use cases; identify innovative methods by which clients can utilize First Alert in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Attend industry events, tradeshows & focused symposiums to increase Dataminrs brand awareness & highlight its value proposition
- Collect client feedback & clearly articulate recommendations for product development to Dataminrs Engineering & Product teams
- Maintain constant awareness of markets & competitive activity, making appropriate strategic & tactical recommendations to always stay one step ahead
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree a plus
- Multilingual, as a minimum proficient in English & one of the following: German, French, Spanish, or Italian
- 10+ years of exemplary experience in the military (preferred), or supporting defence customers as a contractor
- 5+ years of proven enterprise software/software-as-a-service (SaaS) sales experience, preferably in fast-paced, technology-driven environments
- Specific experience managing senior defence relationships ideally across French, German, Baltic, Nordic & Five Eyes Nations; NATO understanding strongly preferred
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate in-depth product knowledge & structured strategic selling techniques
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company & product presentations; written communications such as email & proposals
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain at least a UK SC or equivalent clearance
Why you should work here:
- We recognise & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents such as Health & Dental insurance, Vision Care & Income Protection & Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical wellbeing, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.