Flywheel Sports is seeking an energetic Payroll & Benefits Manager (6 month contract to Perm)! In this individual contributor role you will own full-cycle benefits & payroll administration for our 900+ employees located in over 30 locations. This individual will not only play a critical role in ensuring employees are paid in an accurate & timely fashion but will also administer Flywheels benefits program, including facilitation of annual open enrollment, FMLA, STD, PTO & other leaves administration, education of employees, & acting as the first point of contact for employee questions or issues.
Major Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Accurately processes high volume bi-weekly multi state payrolls thru ADP Workforce Now
- Review all computed wages by reviewing audit reports to correct errors prior to finalizing payroll processing
- Ensure all personal updates are reflected accurately for each payroll
- As payroll issues arise, work to resolve & implement procedures that mitigate future risks & errors
- Create, consolidate, & maintain all ADP payroll account codes
- Serve as the owner of all payroll & benefits reporting (e.g. Finance team requests, 401k, etc.)
- Maintain ad-hoc schedules e.g. (Severance, Parental Leave, Bonuses, etc.)
- Oversee the payroll reporting, including account reconciliation & variance analysis, to support business needs
- Manage day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term & long-term disability, workers compensation, Aflac Supplemental Insurance, flexible spending plans, 401(k) plan & retirement plan) & lead open enrollment process.
- Act as primary point of contact for payroll & benefit related inquiries & respond in a timely manner.
- Manage reimbursements, conversions, terminations, leave of absences, disability & unpaid/paid time off benefit payouts.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or Human Resources (or equivalent work experience) & at least 5 years of multi-state payroll/benefits administration experience. If you know our industry, even better!
- Extensive knowledge of the ADP Workforce Now Platform
- Ability to own full-cycle multi-state payroll process for large population
- Technical chops: youll need deep understanding & experience with federal & state taxes, as well as high volume payroll processing skills
- Confident of being the final approver & owning the entire payroll process full cycle
- Capable of articulating data in a clear concise manner to senior management
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal & external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly & thorough
- A sense of humor & passion for Flywheel is essential - we are really excited to work here, & you should be too!