Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Loyalty Product Solutions team is part of Visa's Data group. Our mission is to enable technology & solutions to manage marketing & loyalty programs that help increase transaction volumes for Issuers, merchants, helping them to grow their business with solutions that enable issuers, acquirers & merchants of all sizes to deliver targeted offers & rewards to Visa cardholders.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills & expertise with Big Data systems integration & technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development & test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. This position reports to a Director of Visa Loyalty Programs in Singapore & will be based in Singapore..
- Responsible for the design, development & implementation.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs & converting ideas into real products.
- Design & develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability & performance.
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology.
- Develop code & mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, & with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code & be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, & other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of software design & development experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms & software design optimized for building highly distributed & parallelized systems
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in building large scale applications using open source technologies. Design & coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base or equivalent
- Full Stack Software Development experience in of large scale mission critical applications.
- Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions. Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem - Spark, HBase, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka etc.
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent & low latency systems working with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions Spark streaming, Kafka, NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase, MongoDB & data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.